you're reading...
Photography, Travel

The Beautiful Grand Canyon in Blue

On day four of our trip, it was time to make the 3.5 to 4 hour drive from Las Vegas to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon where you can view the canyon from the overlooks in the national park. We got up early in an effort to be sure we got there in enough time to catch the awesome views before sunset. Kara prepared and packed up snacks, we had bottled water , and some additional beverages just in case! ;)

Kevin was sweet enough to drive on the way out, so the rest of us were able to nap, take pictures and play on the computer. It was definitely a long ride, and I don’t think it helped that we stopped a lot, but it’s worth it to see the canyon in person!

As we arrived to the entrance of the park, snow started falling. The forecast had a 30% chance of precipitation, so we weren’t surprised. We found our way to the new visitor center (another amenity that wasn’t there the last time Kara had been), and were able to watch a video about the Canyon and how it came to be. It’s really an amazing thing to watch and learn about. Following the video, we walked the path to the overlook, and with all the snow, it was ironically very difficult to see the canyon in it’s entirety. We got a lot of pictures and although there wasn’t full visibility, it was still and amazing sight!

We hadn’t eaten for a while and the snow was still coming down, so we decided to check out one of the lodges in the park. Looking at the map and driving around, I was so surprised at how many people live and work there and what all they actually have accessible within the park! There is a grocery store, various restaurants and eateries, a bank and a post office. There is also a school and lots of housing for employees. It was kind of like visiting a small town in the middle of nowhere. Our friends Elaine and John talked to one of the staff members, and he said there isn’t really anything within less than an hour and a half to two-hour of the park as far as activities and entertainment go. Seems crazy coming from suburbia and the city!

We went to Maswik Lodge where they had a food court with various food options. You could even buy beer there, nice huh?! The Lodge had a gift shop and there was also a front desk reservation area if you are a guest. Lunch was tasty… better than fast food, but no fine dining. They have some restaurants that are more fine dining, but we were keeping it  simple.

The snow seemed to be coming down even harder after we ate! We were kind of hoping it would slow down, but as we were checking out the gift shop, we noticed it getting worse! Our initial instinct was to get in the car and hit the road, but it started to slow down and we had driven so far to get there, we decided to get out another overlook. We stopped by where they have canyon side cabins (they were so cool) with an awesome view of the canyon. Kara said she had looked into them just in case we wanted to stay in the park for a night, but they were all booked! But as we were walking along the path, we were able to catch some blue sky and were actually able to see the fog lift out of the canyon. Seeing all the way down and across the canyon was absolutely amazing and it seemed like it was fate cause we weren’t going to stop, but we were absolutely glad we did!

Paul actually convinced us that we should stop back by the original overlook (by the visitor center) because as the fog started to lift, he was sure he could get some breathtaking shots of the canyon. It was getting dark, but he had his tripod and we walked back out through the trail to the original spot, he set up and you would not believe what he got! Check these beautiful photos out!

I couldn’t be happier with the outcome because not only did I get to see the Grand Canyon, I got to see it in a way that many people don’t! In BLUE…. When we had first gotten there, Kara and Kevin actually overheard another couple talking and one of them had said he had been to the canyon many times and it was the first time he had ever seen it in these colors. Now see them in HDR!

I know one day Paul and I will go back there… we may even go back with Kara and Kevin who were talking about doing a two-week camping/rafting adventure through the canyon, but I have a feeling that I will never again see it in that light! Absolutely amazing…

Photography by Paul Perdue
About these ads

About Monica

The Biscuit

Discussion

211 thoughts on “The Beautiful Grand Canyon in Blue

1. I’m glad you enjoyed the Grand Canyon. The colors in your photos are amazing and I didn’t realize how blue the canyon could appear in winter. I recently visited Grand Canyon myself last summer taking the same drive from Vegas. I hope you can visit it again sometime in the future, but here are a couple photos from my blog of the Grand Canyon in summer. Enjoy.

Posted by Cabbie Notes | February 23, 2012, 10:31 pm
  2. Wow, love the photographs here. I like the perspective, it being a different season than you usually see the Grand Canyon in…

Posted by Snapshooter | February 24, 2012, 1:25 pm
  3. These photos are absolutely lovely.

Posted by Edeline Wrigh | February 24, 2012, 1:32 pm
  4. Funomenal fotos! How lucky are you to have seen this?? We tried to go to the Canyon just about this time last year and were snowed out; the interstate headed that way was shut down. Magical post! How great that you are Pressed!

Posted by Mad Queen Linda | February 24, 2012, 1:32 pm
  5. Wow, these are surreally beautiful!

Posted by cgregory | February 24, 2012, 1:36 pm
  6. Beautiful photographs! Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Greisy | February 24, 2012, 1:37 pm
  7. These photos are amazing. Really atmospheric!

Posted by Rob Slade | February 24, 2012, 1:43 pm
  8. What amazing photos! I have always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon, how beautiful!

Posted by justalittlebrit | February 24, 2012, 1:47 pm
  9. awesome pics !!!
    i wish to see it in real someday …

Posted by Jayati | February 24, 2012, 1:49 pm
  10. What journey, sounded lot like a film. And this pictures are super awesome. Also, I must appreciate the theme and fonts on your blog. Kudos:)

Posted by Sunny Sodday | February 24, 2012, 1:53 pm
  11. Reblogged this on Emily Lewis and commented:
    Fantastic pictures, especially the last few. I really want to visit The Grand Canyon!

Posted by Emily Lewis | February 24, 2012, 1:58 pm
  12. OH MY GOD !! So beautiful !! Going to Grand Canyon has always been a dream…but just for sometime :P It will be a reality soon :D Cheers

And please check out my latest post on love – http://raajtram.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/love-sometimes-stupidity-d/

Posted by Raaj Trambadia | February 24, 2012, 2:04 pm
  13. Okay, those photos in HDR are incredible!!!

Posted by PCC Advantage | February 24, 2012, 2:15 pm
  14. Snow in the Grand Cannon! It that possible? Clearly it is. Just Awesome!x

Posted by cutestcakeseveryday | February 24, 2012, 2:16 pm
  15. Reblogged this on cutestcakeseveryday and commented:
    I didn’t know this was possible.

Posted by cutestcakeseveryday | February 24, 2012, 2:17 pm
  16. Just BREATHTAKING!!! Thanks for sharing & Congrats on being FP!

Posted by cravesadventure | February 24, 2012, 2:30 pm
  17. Gorgeous photos. Sounds like such a fun trip!

Posted by Eagle-Eyed Editor | February 24, 2012, 2:30 pm
  18. all i can say is….wow….!!!!!!!

Posted by oregonmike98 | February 24, 2012, 2:39 pm
  19. You know, I live in Nevada…so close, and yet I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon.

After looking at the brilliant pix, I now realize that’s unforgivable! :(

Posted by Mikalee Byerman | February 24, 2012, 2:42 pm
  20. Beautiful, beautiful pictures!

Posted by Carlie Chew | February 24, 2012, 2:43 pm
  21. Beautiful!!! I’ve made it to the Grand Canyon during the April time, but the winter looks much more exotic. Snow at the Canyon, wohooo!

Posted by Laura4NYC | February 24, 2012, 2:44 pm
  22. Great pictures. I was out there one summer. Snow is a good perspective.

Posted by The Guat | February 24, 2012, 2:48 pm
  23. The Canyon is a magical place — I’ve been three times and I still long to go back. If you ever get a chance go to the lookout point called the watchtower — the views from there are absolutely stunning. Congrats on being FP’d.

Posted by klrs09 | February 24, 2012, 2:53 pm
  24. I just loves those pictures, Some day I wold love to make the trip there to see the Grand Canyon.

Posted by WoodRtist | February 24, 2012, 2:55 pm
  25. Wow, fabulous photos. I’ve been to Bryce Canyon but not the Grand one yet. One day.

Posted by Mishka | February 24, 2012, 3:10 pm
  26. You made purple mountains! YIPEE!

Posted by Sonja Bukvic | February 24, 2012, 3:17 pm
  27. amazing photos. Glad you had such a nice day, and got Freshly Pressed too!

Posted by Huffygirl | February 24, 2012, 3:28 pm
  28. they look like they shouldn’t exist in earth in your photos. simply fabulous.

Posted by thoughtofvg | February 24, 2012, 3:30 pm
  29. Stunning photographs!

Posted by theconstanttraveller | February 24, 2012, 3:38 pm
  30. Just gorgeous! I’ve been there often and in many different types of weather, but that’s a new one on me. Congrats on being freshly pressed and on having such a beautiful and unique first experience of the Grand Canyon!

Posted by akwoman | February 24, 2012, 3:47 pm
  31. Beautiful! I have just been to the painted desert.
    ;)

wayne

Posted by Wayne | February 24, 2012, 3:48 pm
  32. Excellent Photos, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Connie

Posted by Constance V. Walden | February 24, 2012, 3:51 pm
  33. My husband and I visited there from Las Vegas. Your pictures are breathtaking. :)

Grand Canyon, though, is one of those places where you got to see it with your own eyes.

Posted by Eileen黃愛玲 | February 24, 2012, 3:56 pm
  34. Amazing shots! Going here in April-can’t wait!

Posted by livvy30 | February 24, 2012, 4:01 pm
  35. Wow! Awesome shots.

Posted by Asturian Diary | February 24, 2012, 4:05 pm
  36. The colors you got in that last picture are amazing! Very cool.

Posted by Halahtoo | February 24, 2012, 4:06 pm
  37. Oh! Grand Canyon! How I love you, how I miss you…
    I’m British, and my first ever flight on an aeroplane was to America, aged 16, where on a school science trip we started from Las Vegas and then travelled in a circle through Nevada, Utah, and Arizona, then back to Las Vegas, stopping off at all of the national parks along the way. Of my most favourite trips abroad, that trip would have to be my most favourite of favourites. I’d give anything to relive it all exactly, and your pictures brought me as close as physically possible. They are beautiful.
    I write poetry on my blog, and one of my posted poems, “Hiding From The Sun”, is about my trip to America. Our day at the Grand Canyon was particularly unforgettable as it started off just as boiling hot as it had been all throughout the holiday (we went July-August), but then without warning the heavens opened, and it poured so much with rain, we were all soaked! The only people in the entire group of 50-odd schoolgirls and eight teachers who had raincoats with them were two of the teachers! Still a wonderful memory, though.

Rae

Posted by Rachel Jones | February 24, 2012, 4:11 pm
  38. Reblogged this on My Favorite Spaces.

Posted by Talitha | February 24, 2012, 4:15 pm
  39. These pictures are GORGEOUS!

Posted by Bubo's Girl | February 24, 2012, 4:23 pm
  40. Stunning! These pictures gave me goosebumps!

Posted by PostGradLearning | February 24, 2012, 4:39 pm
  41. Beautiful Photos, I especially love the ones in shades of Blue…
    one could write a story to them!
    Take Care…
    )0(
    LadyBlueRose

Posted by LadyBlueRose's Thoughts Into Words | February 24, 2012, 4:43 pm
  42. Awesome photos. I love the Grand Canyon.

Posted by Jeremy Gradney | February 24, 2012, 5:17 pm
  43. Very timely post for me! Planning to visit the sight mid March. Wonder what the colors will be there? I enjoyed your little travel story!

Posted by wordsbyirma | February 24, 2012, 5:17 pm
  44. Amazing photos!!!

Posted by Flavia | February 24, 2012, 5:54 pm
  45. Wow! Beautiful pictures …

Posted by claudiaandr | February 24, 2012, 6:12 pm
  46. Great pictures of my backyard (Phoenix).

Posted by Jack Fischbein | February 24, 2012, 6:25 pm
  47. wowzer! I would be so nervous to be that high. 1coffeehouse.wordpress.com

Posted by amberpat | February 24, 2012, 6:28 pm
  48. Great photos! I lived in Williams, AZ for a bit and we took our visiting family to the Grand Canyon often. What a great place!

Posted by DCM | February 24, 2012, 6:42 pm
  49. Spectacular images! How can there be snow in the Grand Canyon and none in New England?? Crazy weather these days, but none the less, those are some shots!

Posted by indigofletcher | February 24, 2012, 7:14 pm
  50. a grand canyon camping adventure sounds splendid. lovely photos! enjoy the weekend!

Posted by The Simple Life of a Country Man's Wife | February 24, 2012, 7:29 pm
  51. Absolutely stunning shots – admittedly i’ve never looked for them, but i’ve never seen wintry grand canyon shots before, and the HDR work is superb!

Posted by littletipple | February 24, 2012, 7:37 pm
  52. Such beautiful photos! I am a WordPress photographer as well, so I absolutely love when I see posts like this! Great job.

Posted by Aaron Cohen Photography | February 24, 2012, 7:51 pm
  53. Thank you for sharing!

Posted by Donkey Whisperer Farm | February 24, 2012, 7:54 pm
  54. Snow in the Grand Canyon? How wonderful. I don’t want to appear stupid but I had no idea the Canyon ever saw snow. It’s magical and I’m so glad you shared it with us.

Posted by gaycarboys | February 24, 2012, 8:06 pm
  55. Amazing photographs! Lovely canyon and cliff shots!

Posted by Ryan Sprout | February 24, 2012, 8:22 pm
  56. You have been privileged to view what 99.9999% of the people in America will never see. Thanks for sharing. I ‘ve been to the Canyon many times, but I’ve never seen it in blue.

Posted by Grumpa Joe | February 24, 2012, 8:24 pm
  57. I was just in Mojave National Preserve last weekend, a few hours west of the Grand Canyon. I’m in LOVE with this landscape. You’ve captured some amazing images that are magazine worthy for sure, and they still don’t even come close to the real thing (I’ve been to the Grand Canyon as well). I’m sure standing there before taking these great pictures you were just breathless…

Posted by mortondesignworks | February 24, 2012, 8:25 pm
  58. very amazing…

Posted by s8k3 | February 24, 2012, 8:35 pm
  59. Wow! I have yet to make it out there to see the Grand Canyon myself, but it will be happening! My family already visited without me (I was studying abroad at the time) and I oohed and aahed over my sister’s pictures. I guess it makes sense but I had no idea it ever snowed out there! What beautiful pictures! I can’t wait to see it for myself. :D

Posted by amelie88 | February 24, 2012, 8:47 pm
  60. One of my favorite places! And my favorite color too!

Thanks for sharing,

Light Blue

Posted by studiolightblue | February 24, 2012, 8:59 pm
  61. Looks so fun, I would love to cross the Mississippi one day! I don’t think Ive been west of Nashville!

Posted by freshcutcountry | February 24, 2012, 9:48 pm
  62. Stunning! Nothing like being in the right place at the right time.

Posted by pnwauthor | February 24, 2012, 10:03 pm
  63. Great work, exceptional! Brought me back over 35 years; it’s so familiar! It was my first sunrise on the south rim, cold and very cloudy. I was mightily disappointed that these annoying clouds were covering my view! Thank you so much for sharing such work!

Posted by cissyblue | February 24, 2012, 10:08 pm
  64. All are looking amaze.

Posted by Azubaha G | February 24, 2012, 10:17 pm
  65. Thanks for showing our Grand Lady in winter. Her beauty is almost endless.

Posted by righteousbruin9 | February 24, 2012, 11:00 pm
  66. The pastel hues are very lovely. I like the subtlety even better than your hdr versions,but thats my opinion only.

Posted by reesephoto | February 24, 2012, 11:22 pm
  67. Holy cow, your photos are just gorgeous and make me want to go in the winter, but then those beautiful blue shots are just breathtaking! I put on pinterest to relive it over and over again!

Posted by Sarah Harris | February 24, 2012, 11:23 pm
  68. Magical… just magical. You have taken some very gorgeous photographs. Excellent work! :)

The Grand Canyon is such a beautiful place on the planet, and I myself would love to go there someday. it just looks so serene, doesn’t it? The way it looks in the wintertime makes it looks that much more enchanting.

Thanks for posting these marvelous photographs! I want to see more from you.

Posted by Wes B. | February 24, 2012, 11:25 pm
  69. Reblogged this on todaysnote and commented:
    Today’s Note is a Reblog of “The Beautiful Grand Canyon in Blue” by Monica. It describes a stop at the Grand Canyon during winter. I enjoyed the narrative of the trip but the real showstealer is the photography. The post features some really sharp photographs of South Rim vistas. The Canyon is always breathtaking, but snow makes for an exceptional view. I really recommend this post.

Posted by biggecko | February 24, 2012, 11:32 pm
  70. Simply stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by aFrankAngle | February 24, 2012, 11:44 pm
  71. This is revisiting the place in winter. Gods own dwellings!
    Thanks for sharing them with us.

Posted by gardenerat60 | February 25, 2012, 12:28 am
  72. Amazingly wonderful!!!

Posted by blessmylove | February 25, 2012, 1:04 am
  73. Stunningly beautiful. Truly.

Posted by Candice | February 25, 2012, 1:27 am
  74. Amazing. :-)

Posted by Author Shauna | February 25, 2012, 2:08 am
  75. OMG these are for real??? I’m enchanted! I would have gone mad , definitely, if I had actually seen the place! great pictures.:)
    Regards

Posted by zainub javed | February 25, 2012, 3:01 am
  76. The different hues of blues really add depth and draw you into the photo. Magnificant!

We recently returned from our Australian outback trip, a great contrast to the current Moscow winter. http://anaustralianodyssey.wordpress.com/

Posted by An Australian Odyssey | February 25, 2012, 3:07 am
  77. One of my dream is to visit Grand Canyon .. and thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience and beautiful shots … i love the colors and the views.

Posted by pinaybyaheras "Life is UNREPEATABLE adventure" | February 25, 2012, 3:18 am
  78. really love this picture…like it so much

Posted by Bangalore flats for sale | February 25, 2012, 3:35 am
  79. Very, very nice pictures!

Posted by Monique | February 25, 2012, 3:58 am
  80. Great photos.

Posted by knudsens | February 25, 2012, 4:23 am
  81. wooh, the pics from the top are just mind blowing…. I guess you have modified it also in Photoshop. ?

Posted by sheokhanda | February 25, 2012, 6:07 am
  82. I was there in summer of 2008 and it blew my mind (especially via helicopter), such a phenomenal natural wonder . I didn’t know it got snow! Your shots are brilliant.

Posted by Warriors and Goddesses | February 25, 2012, 6:52 am
  83. Absolutely beautiful pictures. Love the sense of distant grandness contrasted with the delicacy of the snow dusting tiny ledges. Also love the hint of warm red rock under blue cold. Breathtaking… clouds of vapour. More!

Posted by rococonnor | February 25, 2012, 8:29 am
  84. Wonderful pictures of the Canyon. My husband and I enjoyed going there. We also loved Bryce Canyon in Utah if you get a chance to visit. It is even more accessible in our opinion.
    I would invite you to see some of my photography and writings:

Nancy at Boyer Writes http://www.boyerwrites.wordpress.com

Posted by Boyer Writes | February 25, 2012, 8:29 am
  85. Absolutely beautiful. I especially love the HDR’s. Gorgeous. -bethany

Posted by Duoimagery | February 25, 2012, 8:58 am
  86. Absolutely stunning photographs! Well done!

Posted by jotsfromasmallapt | February 25, 2012, 9:50 am
  87. Reblogged this on jmavis and commented:
    The Grand Canyon is so beautiful and relaxing. The blue skies are eye catching. When I went to Las Vegas, Nevada I saw a beautiful view from the plane. What a sight to see. Actually, I was thinking about visiting, however; when I was in the area. The Grand Canyon was not available for visitors. I do plan to visit soon. The people in this photo appear to be very happy and excited.

Posted by designbyexpressions | February 25, 2012, 10:40 am
  88. Love the blue hues! . . . Spectacular shots!!

Posted by Michele LMS | February 25, 2012, 10:55 am
  89. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by daleshafer | February 25, 2012, 11:14 am
  90. Nice photos of The Grand Canyon! We just visited the south rim too, first time for us. Drove from Colorado. Saw a pair of Condors fly over us then watched a storm move in just in time for dinner. Had a wonderful, home cooked like meal at the Bright Angel Restaurant which really hit the spot. I just wrote a post about our trip too but focused on the poverty and stray dogs we witnessed in the area.

Posted by Cat Protectress | February 25, 2012, 11:36 am
  91. Beautiful pictures.

Posted by steelbluebird | February 25, 2012, 11:43 am
  92. I’ve yet to visit the Grand Canyon although I’ve been to dozens of National Parks in the US including Bryce, Zion, Canyonlands, and the Misty mountain, but the Grand Canyon always has alluded me. Thanks for sharing the amazing photos! Makes me envious!
    :D

Posted by Organic Cocktail Recipes | February 25, 2012, 12:04 pm
  93. Fantastic pictures, You really have an eye.

Posted by traveltalkwithtommy | February 25, 2012, 1:14 pm
  94. Spectacular!!!

Posted by Marie Midtlid | February 25, 2012, 2:18 pm
  95. Some of these photos are intoxicating. Love them.

Posted by dkdubs | February 25, 2012, 2:27 pm
  96. Wow! I’ve never seen the Grand Canyon in the snow! Awesome pics!

Posted by Sarah | February 25, 2012, 2:36 pm
  97. Reblogged this on Blog Personal de José Alberto – JALP and commented:
    One of my three favourite places in this world. You have to visit it…

Posted by jalucendo | February 25, 2012, 2:48 pm
  98. LOVE the pictures! I always thought if I went back the Grand Canyon it would be in the winter just because it would be nice to see it in a different light and your pics have confirmed my thoughts :) (why does snow look so much prettier there? Maybe ’cause I don’t have to drive through it!)
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Posted by lindacee | February 25, 2012, 2:56 pm
  99. I am blown away!! The Canyon is one of my favorite places on the planet and your pics just made it that much better. Thank you!!

val

Posted by valentinedee | February 25, 2012, 4:34 pm
  100. When I saw your breathtakingly surreal beautiful photos of your trip to the Grand Canyon I was reminded of the song “What a difference a day makes” Only this time what a difference in the dominant color of the photography. To me it emphasized the grandeur of the Grand Canyon. A natural wonder right here in the USA. You both I think are lucky to visit it. The photos make the natural wonder look like an eerie landscape of a distant planet. I mean this as a compliment.

Posted by auntiecarol69 | February 25, 2012, 4:51 pm
  101. Your photos are so breathtaking! They made me feel as if I were really there!

Posted by Ashlee Craft | February 25, 2012, 5:25 pm
  102. I am not fortunate enough to have seen the Grand Canyon myself in person, but after seeing your pictures, I’d really like to go, now! They’re simply breathtaking!

Thank you for sharing such a unique experience of one of the great natural beauties of the world with us, and congratulations on being Freshly Pressed!

Posted by Ed | February 25, 2012, 6:01 pm
  103. WOW! Those blue HDR photos are amazing!! Thanks for sharing! Gotta get back to the Grand Canyon soon.

Posted by jjotter | February 25, 2012, 6:17 pm
  104. I’ve been there, but never seen it in that light either. Awesome pics. What a neat experience. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by char | February 25, 2012, 6:18 pm
  105. We traveled east and north of the Grand Canyon earlier this year. So many amazing landscapes in the Colorado Plateau. I noticed a side shot from the Bone Yard in Las Vegas. That is one of my favorite places for great contrast in color and symbolism.
    Oscar

Posted by Hermit | February 25, 2012, 6:37 pm
  106. Reblogged this on paintboxtalks.

Posted by paintboxtalks | February 25, 2012, 7:05 pm
  107. These photos are incredible. I had no idea it turned so blue like this. We are so used to seeing the red earth shots. It must have been an incredible experience. Thank you for sharing.

Posted by BIG DESIGN LOVES | February 25, 2012, 7:15 pm
  108. This is completely stunning! All the more better seeing this in the winter time!

Posted by matthewmalin92 | February 25, 2012, 9:21 pm
  109. Love those photos. The snow just adds to the wonderful shots. Sadly we’ve not got much like that here in London!

Posted by cigarettesandmovies | February 25, 2012, 9:29 pm
  110. GORGEOUS! I seriously need to take a road trip! Thank you sooooo much for sharing!

Posted by samacwns | February 25, 2012, 9:56 pm
  111. Ohh baby I got the Grand Canyon Blues.
    Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them in such a stunning layout!
    What a difference from the normal red hues…did you alter the photos at all?
    Thanks again!

Posted by shawndiggins | February 25, 2012, 10:02 pm
  112. p.s.-invite me next time please

Posted by shawndiggins | February 25, 2012, 10:07 pm
  113. Beautiful! I was there once, many years ago, we too drive from vegas. It was fogged in when we got there. Unfortunately, the fog never lifted for us to see what you did.

Posted by cathynd95 | February 25, 2012, 10:22 pm
  114. Wow! Really. Wow!!

Posted by Karen | February 25, 2012, 10:41 pm
  115. I had been to the Canyons last year same time, amazing view isnt it! but you have some breath taking shots !

Posted by jazzkalam | February 25, 2012, 11:20 pm
  116. These took my breath away. I’ve been to the Grand Canyon, but in Summer. I’m convinced it’s more beautiful in winter.Thank you for sharing these photos.

Posted by rosalindsstudio | February 25, 2012, 11:42 pm
  117. What great photos! I have been to The Grand Canyon once and would love to go back. I love seeing the canyon looking so blue. Seems like so many people visit in the summer, so fun to see it in a different light!

Posted by ashleyhoylephotography | February 26, 2012, 12:04 am
  118. Wonderful, vibrant pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by bmj2k | February 26, 2012, 12:28 am
  119. Trust me, I didn’t even that know I could ever think of Canyon in BLUE. A solid post up here with a bunch of
    memorable photographs. Wonderful!

Kam

Posted by Kam | February 26, 2012, 12:37 am
  120. Reblogged this on etdebellaresuperbos and commented:
    Y es esto lo que queremos destruir????, para no verlo mas?????.

Posted by debellare | February 26, 2012, 2:48 am
  121. Wow those pictures are spectacular. I have never had a desire to go and see the Canyon but those pictures really took my breath away. Maybe I’ll change my mind and talk the hubs into it.

Posted by iceandfire1983 | February 26, 2012, 4:19 am
  122. Fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing! Was there in July 2003 and seeing these pictures wants me to go back again. Although it was much easier to visit while living in Colorado than where I’m now (Stockholm, Sweden). :)

Posted by Cecilia | February 26, 2012, 4:29 am
  123. supper…………eb!!!!!!!!

Posted by 2BHK Flats in Bangalore | February 26, 2012, 4:50 am
  124. hellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by berlopate | February 26, 2012, 5:22 am
  125. Hi! I was at Grand Canyon last summer. Your pictures are absolutely awesome! It just reminds me to go back there soon :) Awesome photos.

Posted by wanru | February 26, 2012, 6:40 am
  126. Great! Thank You!

Posted by ADR Nord | February 26, 2012, 7:03 am
  127. Indah

Posted by Berty | February 26, 2012, 7:05 am
  128. “The Beautiful Grand Canyon in Blue” <- that is true.

O.

Posted by orifiell | February 26, 2012, 7:58 am
  129. love the pics i wish i could go there
    check out my blog angeleryka.wordpress.com

Posted by Eryka | February 26, 2012, 8:59 am
  130. I would have never thought of visiting the gran canyon in Winter – now I can imagine visiting any other time! Great post.

Posted by readytochangenow | February 26, 2012, 9:18 am
  131. Into the blue, have to admit that i have never seen the Canyon in blue! Amazing!

Posted by asiagreen | February 26, 2012, 9:56 am
  132. amazing park…..nice share,very very wonderfull

http://www.batu-mustika.indonetwork.co.id/mustika-kembang kantil/mustika-landak/mustika-linsang/mustika-lodan/mustika-laut-kidul/mustika-laut/mustika-mata-kucing/mustika-mata-srigala/mustika-macan-putih/mustika-macan-kumbang/mustika-maharani/mustika-merah-siam/mustika-merah/mustika-naga/mustika-nabi-sulaiman/mustika-nyi-blorong/mustika-naga-derajat/mustika-pinang/mustika-puraga-jati-sunda/mustika-pelangi/mustika-pemikat-wanita

salam dari aulina mustika

Posted by Aulina mustika | February 26, 2012, 10:00 am
  133. Stunning! Thank ou for taking them. I’m sitting across the world, looking at your pictures and feeling very privileged. The Grand Canyon is rightly one of the wonders of the world I never knew before that it has moods.

Posted by HearingWellbeing | February 26, 2012, 10:16 am
  134. Grand Canyon is amazing!!!!

Posted by khrysskroez | February 26, 2012, 10:18 am
  135. Your photos are beautiful. This just adds more incentive for me to go to the Grand Canyon this year. Although I won’t get to see it in the same color scheme you did, I know it will be an incredible experience.

Posted by ladyhalfling | February 26, 2012, 10:26 am
  136. Amazing pictures! ^_^

Posted by Venom | February 26, 2012, 11:38 am
  137. Reblogged this on Life on the High Plains of Wyoming and Colorado.

Posted by CheyenneCharlie | February 26, 2012, 1:14 pm
  138. I’ve never seen it in the snow. Very interesting

Posted by gypsy | February 26, 2012, 1:19 pm
  139. WOW. So beautiful! Absolutely divine! Thank you for sharing.

Posted by Kristina | February 26, 2012, 1:32 pm
  140. Beautiful photos! We hope to take a roap trip there one day, but despair of ever seeing it blue. Thank you for sharing these shots!

Posted by yearofaustere | February 26, 2012, 2:19 pm
  141. Looks like a great time! I hope to make a trip to the Grand Canyon someday, maybe when it’s not snowing though. It looks a little cold hah. Keep it up!

If your interested, I’m blogging my journey toward 6 pack abs, any support/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by micahkavros | February 26, 2012, 4:01 pm
  142. Gorgeous photographs! I have never seen the Grand Canyon in those colors. Very stunning and breathtaking!

Posted by Nareen Luz Rivas | February 26, 2012, 4:08 pm
  143. I’ve never been, but now I’d like to travel there. Thanks for the photos!

Posted by briankothman | February 26, 2012, 4:22 pm
  144. I’ve never seen the Grand Canyon look so cold!

Posted by Tracy | February 26, 2012, 6:27 pm
  145. Wowza, gorgeous images!

You did a splendid job capturing the amazing size of the Grand Canyon.
    Very nice!

Had no idea it snowed!

S

Posted by Sergio Garcia | February 26, 2012, 7:02 pm
  146. Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the world. Your photos are amazing. It has inspired me to make the trip myself. What spectaclur rocks and views… thank you.
    Magdalene

Posted by magdalene2012 | February 26, 2012, 7:18 pm
  147. Reblogged this on Artopia 444 and commented:
    I found these photos stunning and the post delicious – I wanted to share it.

Chase

Posted by CK Hunter | February 26, 2012, 7:27 pm
  148. Breath-taking photography! It’s so clear and enchanting – I feel almost as if I’m there and in need of a steaming mug of hot chocolate!

Posted by The Dandy Lion | February 26, 2012, 7:38 pm
  149. Stunning!

Posted by NanaDoll | February 26, 2012, 9:34 pm
  150. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Posted by danceintheline | February 26, 2012, 9:48 pm
  151. Stunning photos! Very impressive.

Posted by findingmyworth | February 27, 2012, 12:18 am
  152. breathtaking

Posted by qhkatrina | February 27, 2012, 1:26 am
  153. It was nice in 1988. And just as better today

Posted by bjhoover | February 27, 2012, 1:28 am
  154. WOW very stunning photo’s ! I’ll never be able to go to places like that, im in a wheelchair, so when you have pictures like this? who needs to go! :) Awesome photos ! Very nice in blue too !

Posted by Violet | February 27, 2012, 2:05 am
  155. Beautiful photographs — I have never seen it under snow before, thanks for sharing!

Posted by Cherie | February 27, 2012, 2:17 am
  156. Wow! Simply beautiful. I’ve never been there in Winter time. Great pictures!

Posted by lupoeta | February 27, 2012, 2:58 am
  157. Wow! this is just awesome photography…

-http://embraceyoumag.com

Posted by Kai | February 27, 2012, 3:11 am
  158. This is breath-taking! The photos are amazing and I love the images you captured. Congrats on being freshly pressed, well deserved! :)

Posted by Rose | February 27, 2012, 3:58 am
  159. I never knew that there’s snow in the Grand Canyon…first time!

Posted by ***The LensMaster | February 27, 2012, 5:40 am
  160. Wooow! I always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon, but it’s so far away from Germany. Your pictures just make my wish even more stronger! These fotos are so beautiful, and the colors are fantastic, too. Thanks for showing them on your blog!

Posted by Gartenmarie | February 27, 2012, 5:41 am
  161. Reblogged this on vargasjill and commented:
    beautiful!

Posted by vargasjill | February 27, 2012, 6:15 am
  162. good pictures that respresents ur story nice .its mad.

Posted by manish123456789 | February 27, 2012, 6:24 am
  163. Most Stranger Nature
    cokelatnut.wordpress.com

Posted by hilmynur | February 27, 2012, 6:38 am
  164. Beautiful photographs

Posted by Martyn Thompson | February 27, 2012, 6:53 am
  165. These photo’s really are stunning. I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon but it’s on the list of places to go and your photos moved it up quite a bit!

Posted by myheadcoverings | February 27, 2012, 7:59 am
  166. I’ve never been to the grand canyon, but these photos are absolutely incredible. Well done! – Roisin.

Posted by sallystoma | February 27, 2012, 8:22 am
  167. Stunning! Just stunning!

The Grand Canyon has been on my to-see list for the longest time. The HDR really makes the photos look great, a surprising contrast between the colors in them and the non-HDR photos.

Posted by FlyBillEtter | February 27, 2012, 8:25 am
  168. very nice, beautiful pics

Posted by ciara206 | February 27, 2012, 8:34 am
  169. Reblogged this on MyDestiny2011 and commented:
    Beautiful & breathtaking ~wish I was there..

Posted by mydestiny2011 | February 27, 2012, 9:20 am
  170. Wow, what amazing pictures! We drove to Colorado last spring (from NY) and we really wanted to make it out to the Grand Canyon, but there just wasn’t enough time. I haven’t been there since I was really young, and I’m really hoping to go back someday! Thanks for all the beautiful photos. :)

Posted by megk8199 | February 27, 2012, 9:41 am
  171. SPECTACULAR scenery! Personally, I feel the HDR ‘killed’ the natural feeling to the pictures, they could be better, but the original ones are much better in my opinion :)

Posted by Sulfo | February 27, 2012, 9:42 am
  172. thank you for the link for sale, I want to get some for our house. I love them!!! Great work!!!

Posted by azsoap | February 27, 2012, 10:23 am
  173. Oh I like the HDR… I guess to each his own. I think it looks cool.

Posted by azsoap | February 27, 2012, 10:23 am
  174. wow those were the beautiful views I have ever seen

Posted by Dev | February 27, 2012, 11:05 am
  175. Magnificent! Such a vast beauty of rocks and snow! I hope I will be able to take a few pictures myself one day :D Thanks for sharing :)

Posted by Kristina | February 27, 2012, 11:42 am
  176. I really like the blue canyon pics. well done.

Posted by Gilberto | February 27, 2012, 12:20 pm
  177. What a great time of year to see the Canyon. I LOVED the HDR photos at the end. They look almost like paintings. Blue Canyon indeed!

Posted by Smaktakula | February 27, 2012, 12:59 pm
  178. Oh, what captivating shots! Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us. I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon but this was the most captivating introduction I’ve ever had. :)

Posted by athomewithgod | February 27, 2012, 1:03 pm
  179. Wow, those photos are incredible. We were heading to the Grand Canyon this year but didn’t quite get there because of unscheduled detours. Thanks so much for the images.

Posted by patryantravels | February 27, 2012, 1:11 pm
  180. Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by McAuley & Crandall, PA | February 27, 2012, 1:29 pm
  181. I’m so excited to be taking the family to the Grand Canyon this summer! We’re going Griswold style :)

Thanks for the winter preview.

Posted by Ammon | February 27, 2012, 1:37 pm
  182. WOW…these pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Peauxetic Expressions | February 27, 2012, 1:55 pm
  183. So gorgeous! I hope to go one day. :-) Bucket list item! :-) Thank you so much for sharing your pics!

Posted by pioneerprincess | February 27, 2012, 3:33 pm
  184. WoW! The winter wonderland picture doesn’t even look real!
    (Are you sure it’s not a Disney screenshot? ;~)

Posted by Baku Kadampa | February 27, 2012, 5:09 pm
  185. What a heavenly treat. Thank you for allowing us to journey with you. Absolutely breath taking.

Posted by revmelissabrown | February 27, 2012, 8:48 pm
  186. Reblogged this on .

Posted by Alffy | February 27, 2012, 10:49 pm
  187. wow!!! Its really Awesome shots. Some photos looks like graphics!!!

Posted by narenthiran | February 28, 2012, 3:43 am
  188. Wow! This is amazingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Monica and my compliments to the photograper.

Posted by Elle | February 28, 2012, 5:44 am
  189. Wow, absolutely gorgeous photos! I’ve been to the Grand Canyon many times, but never in winter with the snow. What a gorgeous backdrop it makes for!

Posted by Ducky's Always Hungry | February 28, 2012, 11:51 am
  190. Wow- those are gorgeous photos! We went in the summer and it looks amazingly different. Looks like quite a trip! Did you make it to the North Rim as well?

Posted by troismommy | February 28, 2012, 7:38 pm
  191. Wow! Wonderful images! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Madhu | March 1, 2012, 3:02 am
  192. Reblogged this on wazzapkatdaddy.

Posted by wazzapkatdaddy | March 4, 2012, 9:43 am
  193. nice journey..!!! with nice memories….

Posted by Gold fish | March 11, 2012, 4:41 am
  194. Thanks for this post. Pretty engrossing and excellently penned blog. Thanks!

Posted by Roberto | March 13, 2012, 8:23 am
  195. Reblogged this on Un día tras otro día.

Posted by lixchiber | March 14, 2012, 1:26 pm
  196. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Elden Mandi | March 21, 2012, 12:32 pm
  197. You’re blog is SO cool!

Posted by Natacha Steven | April 17, 2012, 7:46 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Perdueosity has been Freshly Pressed! « perdueosity - February 24, 2012

2. Pingback: The Grand Canyon Like You’ve Never Seen It | I Also Write - February 25, 2012

3. Pingback: Grand Canyon | Familie Herian in den USA - February 26, 2012

4. Pingback: I-40 West Arizona, Snow Storm: Snugglin Up in the Mini Van « perdueosity - February 26, 2012

5. Pingback: Skiing in Las Vegas! « perdueosity - March 1, 2012